i don’t think anyone realizes what a GIANT SETBACK this is. these are famous women who are supposed to be strong and supposed to set a good example for all the young girls looking up to them and they’re teaching people that feminism has some sort of negative connotation, when feminism is about gaining equal rights for women - for THEM. these quotes are absolutely disgusting.
- “No, I wouldn’t say feminist — that’s too strong. I think when people hear feminist, it’s like, ‘Get out of my way, I don’t need anyone.’ I love that I’m being taken care of and I have a man that’s a leader. I’m not a feminist in that sense.” - Kelly Clarkson (this is bad because she’s making all feminists out to be vicious men-haters and like women NEED a man to take care of them)
- “I’m not a feminist. I hail men, I love men, I celebrate American male culture — beer, bars, and muscle cars.” - Lady Gaga (this is bad because she makes it seem like a feminist can’t love men as well as want equal rights for women)
- "[I don’t identify as a feminist] because I think it would isolate me. I think it’s important to do positive stuff. It’s more important to be asking than complaining.” - Bjork (this is bad because she’s making feminists out to be people who just complain rather than take any action which is NOT true)
- “I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women.” - Katy Perry (this is bad because it just shows how ignorant some people can be since SO many people don’t understand that feminism MEANS equality although katy perry should be applauded for believing in the strength of women)
- “I wouldn’t go so far as to say I am a feminist, that can come off as a negative connotation. But I am a strong female.” - Carrie Underwood (this is bad because she’s literally saying that being a feminist is a negative thing)
- “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist.” - Madonna (theyre the same thing madonna way to go) side note: sarah jessica parker & demi moore have said the same things
- “I think of myself as a humanist because I think it’s less alienating to people who think of feminism as being a load of strident bitches.” - Susan Sarandon (so feminists are strident bitches now because we want equal rights?)
people need to STOP being afraid of the “f” word. feminism IS humanism. feminism IS equality. fucking embrace it and stop being afraid to make some progress. if you’re embracing feminist ideals and support gender equality then i hate to break it to you but you’re a feminist bye
Kelly Clarkson simply believes that it’s too strong. If you look at some feminists, that’s the vibe they give off. She’s being quite realistic, actually.
Lady Gaga loves men and that’s a reason that she’s not a feminist. How many times have you heard “cishet men ew” or similar from feminists on here?
Bjork think it’s isolating. That’s true; because conforming to any label is actually quite isolating. Not just conforming to being a feminist.
Katy Perry just said that she believes in the strength of women, and yet you still criticize her for not being a feminist.
Carrie Underwood is right. Feminists are known for being over-the-top. Take FEMEN, for example. That could indeed come off as a negative connotation.
Madonna is a “humanist”. Not a feminist.
Susan Sarandon indeed thinks that’s what the stereotypical feminist is. Good for her. That’s what a lot of people think the stereotypical feminist is.
These ladies above are strong. They just don’t identify as feminists. Feminism is NOT ‘humanism’, nor is it direct equality.
Look in the feminism tag. There’s quite a lot of misandry in there. Is that gender equality? Is that even equality at all?
Feminism is not ‘making progress’. If you embrace feminist ideals and you support gender equality, you can choose to be a feminist or not. Isn’t that what feminism is about, as well? Choice?
How paradoxical of you.
An elegant meal for one, tonight.
I can’t remember to forget you..
worldstar comment section is slept on